Top 10 Wedding Trends for 2008
Mar 4, 2008
We’ve written a number of articles which can be found both on our website and on ezinearticles.com which go into great depth on the following trends. However, if you’re just looking for a short synopsis of what’s currently hot, here it is:
1) Color saturates your wedding. Designers pushed yellow on the runways last year for 2008, but we know all shades are blue are what’s really hot right now. This is great for beach brides!
2) Duel colored weddings. Accent your primary wedding color with an accent color. Or plan an outrageous color scheme such as Pink/orange, icy blue/red, slate/lime, etc… it makes for a fun wedding.
3) Letterpress invitations are like miniature works of art. Quite costly but well worth the investment if your looking to “wow” your guests.
4) Creating a signature scent for your wedding. We know that a scent can provoke long term memories. Create a scent for your wedding by using flowers, candles and scent machines to create a signature scent for your ceremony and reception.
5) Music and entertainment – latin bands, ethnic bands, dancers, tribute bands, and impersonators are fun additions to your wedding, will entertain your guests and leave a lasting impression
6) Increased guest list size – big weddings are hot, hot hot! The more the merrier!
7) Eco-friendly weddings. Enviornmentally friendly weddings are quite popular. Organic food and items which can be recycled and reused are what’s in style.
8) Personalization or Monogramming – everything and anything. If you can personalize it – do it.
9) Jack and Jill Showers – the guys can enjoy a co-ed bash with gifts exculsively for him (think grilling or tools)
10) Wedding favors which are: practical, personalized, unique, eco-friendly or candles. All are hot in the wedding favor industry.
Latest posts by littlethings (see all)
- Traditional Groomsmen Gifts – Cufflinks - May 27, 2015
- Groomsmen Gifts for The Traveler or Wanderlust Wedding - May 20, 2015
- A Perfect DIY Lemonade Recipe for Your Backyard Wedding - May 19, 2015