Creating A Music Themed Wedding
Feb 15, 2008
This is just to piggyback on my post from yesterday about our new music wedding favors. I adore music, and I would personally love to get re-married and have my wedding around this theme. I was asked “How would you incorporate a music theme into your wedding?” It got me thinking, and here are some ideas off the top of my head:
- Location – I’d probably look into a small concert venue, I know of one in my area where semi-major bands play during touring, but it can be rented for events. It’s already got a bar, a dance floor and a stage for the band, and it’s on the smaller – more intimate side. If it was to be held in the summer time, I might go with an outdoor location such as a park or garden.
- Music – well this would depend on your musical style. But if I could afford it (which I can’t) I’d hire my favorite band. I suppose a cover band would do though :) I’d also hire a DJ to play my favorite band’s songs and other music in the same style. Since the theme is about music – this is probably the most important aspect of the wedding.
- Decorations – Ice or flower sculptures designed like musical instruments or music notes would definately be an idea to think about.
- Centerpieces – sheet music on a stand, maybe our first dance song, or maybe a different song for each table. Surrounded by candles and flowers.
- Table Names, instead of Numbers – I’d name each table a song title instead of the typical numbers.
- Place Card Holders – I would definately use guitars (but that’s just me!) there are plently of other instruments to use though – pianos, music notes, violins, etc.
- Cake – I’d have a white cake with the sheet music of our first dance on it in (music notes), and I would find a music inspired cake top.
- Favors – Personalized CD’s with our favorite songs. If there was a band which played, then maybe even a commerative playbill with our names and wedding date and a picture of the band and the happy couple.
Happy planning! And Have a GREAT weekend!