“Will You Marry Me?”: 5 Great Proposal Ideas
May 5, 2010
So, it’s time to pop the question? Well, gentlemen, we know what you’re going through. You’re asking yourself a million and one questions – How do I ask her? When do I ask her? Where do I ask her? Some guys worry that their ideas are a little too over the top, where others may think they’re being just a bit too boring. Here are five great ways to propose perfectly. Don’t forget to shop for wedding favors while planning your wedding!
1. Popular among celebrities, but only if you have an extra buck or two in your pocket: Have a plane sky-write your proposal. It’s costly, but you can really surprise her by just asking her to take a walk where she can see it. You also have to remember that the weather forecast isn’t always set in stone. On the bright side, you won’t have to worry about stuttering or accidentally sneezing in the middle of asking her.
2. A classic idea for the sports fanatics is to propose on the big screen at a sports game. Years back this may have been unique, but nowadays it seems so many people do it that it’s unoriginal. You also have to remember that if you get rejected, it’s in front of thousands of people.
3. It seems that beach weddings are becoming more and more popular, and here at Little Things we’ve noticed that our Personalized Tiger Clam Trinket Box has been cleverly engraved with “Will You Marry Me?” and used as ring boxes to propose on more than one occasion. We couldn’t think it to be more adorable when men call us up excited and nervous to use this idea to propose. Aw!
4. Couples who eat Chinese food regularly out also seem to think of ways to incorporate a proposal on a night out at their favorite restaurant. If you’re able to actually remove the fortune from inside a real cookie and stick another one in that says “Will You Marry Me?”, or just have a cookie custom made, then go for it! For a great alternative idea, our Personalized Silver Plated Fortune Cookie Box can be engraved with the words as well, or you can even scribble it on the blank fortune paper that comes inside of it.
5. Finally, for the ever traditional man, there is absolutely nothing wrong with taking your love to the first place you met, or where you had your first date to propose. By doing this you’re assured that your proposal will be meaningful and memorable. Of course there are a million different ways to propose, but only you will know what works best for you and what will be appreciated by your significant other. Good luck and best wishes!
With Love <3 Kelsey
Connect with Kelsey on Google+
Latest posts by littlethings (see all)
- Traditional Groomsmen Gifts – Cufflinks - May 27, 2015
- Groomsmen Gifts for The Traveler or Wanderlust Wedding - May 20, 2015
- A Perfect DIY Lemonade Recipe for Your Backyard Wedding - May 19, 2015