5 Rules for Choosing Your Wedding Music
Aug 13, 2008
When you are hiring your DJ or your band for your wedding consider the following tips. Next to the food and drinks you will serve, the entertainment is the most important aspect of your wedding reception; uou want your guests to have a good time, and hiring a wedding professional will ensure that your guests are motivated and hit that dance floor. A professional DJ and/or MC will ensure the proper flow to your wedding reception, making sure all of the introductions, proper toasts, special dances and announcements are made in a timely and proper fashion. A good DJ will also collaborate with you to make a custom playlist for your reception.
You should also consider the following tips when considering your wedding reception music:
1) Don’t neglect the cocktail hour! The cocktail hour sets the mood for your reception, a bit of light music starts off your festivities right.
2) The key to a successful wedding is lots of dancing, you want your guests to have a good time, not just sit around and talk all night. That means disco, eighties pop and today’s popular dance songs should be incorporated into your music mix.
3) Select some oldies too! You’ll want to offer some slow dancing too, and some music for your family who may not be from your generation too also enjoy.
4) Make sure your DJ knows when to speak. Some DJ’s are too chatty, while a professional DJ or MC will know just when to speak and just when the pace needs to be picked up.
5) Pick a memorable song to end the reception. Songs such as “Last Dance” by Donna Summer, “White Wedding” by Billy Idol, “Closing Time” by Semisonic or something romantic by Frank Sinatra.
And if you are looking for a professional DJ company, we suggest Party Perfect NYC for all your NYC, NJ or CT wedding DJ needs. We’ve worked with them many times and would highly recommend their services.
Latest posts by littlethings (see all)
- Cheap Groomsmen Gifts | The Best Groomsmen Gifts Under $50 - June 20, 2014
- The Best Bridesmaid Gifts Under $39 - June 19, 2014
- 30 Ideas To Fill Your DIY Mason Jar Wedding Favors With - March 5, 2014