How to Avoid Cheap DIY Wedding Favors
Nov 8, 2011
After working here for almost 4 years now, I’ve noticed a popular trend of do it yourself wedding favors…and have seen brides worried and concerned about them even more. Today, most brides want to purchase unique wedding favors without breaking the bank, which is why DIY wedding favors are often considered. Yet at the same time, they don’t want their favors to look cheap. So, just how do you avoid working hard on your wedding favors, only to result in them looking low budget?
When I (and most brides) think of do it yourself favors, the thought that automatically comes to mind is a flimsy favor box or organza bag filled with 5 Jordan almonds. Sure, it was popular back in the day, but today brides want something one of a kind. I don’t want to go too deeply into do it yourself wedding favor ideas (you can check out my recent article, DIY wedding favor ideas for some inspiration), but rather focus on just how you can avoid making your favors look cheap.
1. Quality is key. This especially goes for wedding favor boxes, but remember that just because you find one that is more expensive than the others, doesn’t mean it’s better. Your best bet? Browse our selection of favor boxes and give us a call when you find a few you like. There’s a good chance we’ll have it in our showroom and can give you a 100% honest opinion of the product. I can tell you right now that any item code beginning with the prefix LPP is great quality.
2. Personalize, personalize, personalize. Adding customization to your favors is a great way to avoid looking like you just threw some candy into a box, bag or jar. Hang tags look great on any of the three, and attaching them by a ribbon instead of a bungee cord makes a big difference too. It adds a pop of color to the favor and displays the tag better since it holds it tighter than a string. Personalized labels or stickers always look nicer when stuck over a piece of ribbon wrapped around the box (and you don’t have to worry about tying bows).
3. Add something meaningful. Whether it’s your favorite quote or a saying or something that symbolizes your relationship, your guests will know your heart went into making your favors special. For example, filling up a bottle with your signature homemade salad dressing or baking your favorite cookies and stacking them in a clear cellophane bag is something that really did come from you, but make sure to let your guests know that! Attach a tag that says “Baked with Love” or use your imagination to think up something clever to write. Custom CDs are another great idea that has become very popular: create a playlist of the favorite songs you share.
Don’t be shy – tell us your ideas on how to make DIY wedding favors look more expensive!
Connect with Kelsey on Google+
Latest posts by littlethings (see all)
- Make A Toast With Wedding Champagne Flutes - July 29, 2014
- Top 10 Bridal Shower Gift & Favor Ideas - July 24, 2014
- Cheap Groomsmen Gifts | The Best Groomsmen Gifts Under $50 - June 20, 2014