How Would You Trash Your Wedding Dress?
Jun 24, 2011
Yesterday, the girls at Little Things Wedding Favors and I were talking, and somehow got onto the topic of ruining the wedding gown – otherwise known as “trashing the dress.” Immediately, I thought, “what a great idea for a blog!” So here I am, about to tell you some great ideas for trashing the dress if you’re planning on doing it after your wedding…or even if you weren’t planning on it.
1. Running away to a tropical beach for your honeymoon? Got room in your luggage? Nix the bathing suit for the first day: take a swim in the gown. Water is the most popular way to trash the dress, whether you’re jumping off a cliff in Jamaica or just standing in the waves while they crash at the shore.
2. Burn it. This is probably a little more difficult, daring and dangerous to do though. You may want to make sure you have the property to do it, or a fire pit, and a hose nearby. So if you can do it, douse the dress in lighter fluid and drop a match.
3. Get down and dirty. Roll in the mud, ladies! It’ll be a fun time, and you can give the expression “as happy as a pig in mud” a whole new meaning.
4. Are you and your beau artists? Or do you just want to make a mess? You and your hubby can have a paint war! Grab a couple of cans and splatter away. Or create a masterpiece with spray paint on the gown.
How did you trash your dress? Or how would you trash your dress? We’d love to hear your unique ideas – please comment and share!
Have a great weekend!
Connect with Kelsey on Google+
Latest posts by littlethings (see all)
- Traditional Groomsmen Gifts – Cufflinks - May 27, 2015
- Groomsmen Gifts for The Traveler or Wanderlust Wedding - May 20, 2015
- A Perfect DIY Lemonade Recipe for Your Backyard Wedding - May 19, 2015