Mar 5, 2014
Mason Jars are so popular – they can be used for decor, lighting, holding utensils, drinks and even as wedding favors. A mason jar is a blank canvas – so many uses, so many ways to decorate them. If you’re planning on using mason jar favors (which are great for any occasion, not just weddings) we have 30 great ideas to fill your mason jars with.
1. Fill your mason jars with trail mix. Its healthy and festive with themed labels and matching bakers twine.
2. Popcorn in mason jars – caramel, plain, kettle corn, flavored – or even kernels to pop your own at home.
3. Cupcakes in a jar – be sure to add on a wooden chevron spoons so your guests will be able to eat their sweet treat on the way home.
4. Smores in a jar are great for rustic weddings, vintage events, birthday parties – and kids parties!
5. Cookie Mix in Jars – be sure to include a gift tag with instructions so your guests know how to mix and bake them!
6. Salt Water taffy favors in of course – mason jars! Use themed color taffy and ribbon and a tag for a special touch.
7. Peanut butter, almond butter, pecan butter is amazing easy to make! Make your own custom “butter” mix and label it with a personalized label.
8. Sugar scrubs are also an easy DIY craft and smell fresh in the bath or near a sink. Dress them up with labels for a wedding or bridal shower favor.
9. Pies in mason jars – the possibilities are endless. Shown here: Lemon meringue pie, cherry pies, apple pies, pecan pies
10. Caramel apples with dipping in a jar – this is adorable for DIY fall favors!
11. Spiced nuts, roasted nuts, candied nuts – make great little take home treats
12. Who doesn’t like cookies? Cookes in a jar? Even better! These can be made in advance and stay fresh because of the air tight seals
13. We couldn’t resist this one – serving ice cream in mason jars is a great idea for a summer wedding or party
14. Succulents are popular for favors now, why not put them in little mason jars rather than little containers?
15. Terrariums are fun little landscapes you can make in jars. This may be a lot of DIYing for wedding favors, but may be cool as centerpieces!
16. Hot cocoa mix is a great fall and winter wedding favor idea. Add small bottles of liquor for the adults and add candy canes for the kids!
17. You can’t go wrong with candy in jars and it is probably one of the easiest DIY favors to do. Get some kisses, mints, almonds, jelly beans or M&Ms and fill away!
18. Whether you source local jam or jelly from a farmer or make your own (there are some really easy DIY recipes out there) jam is always a yummy treat for breakfast or dessert.
19. To ship honey favors to yourself, may be quite costly due to the weight. Not to mention if honey breaks in transit, all of your favors will be a mess. Skip the shipping and go to a local source or buy honey by the bulk and fill your own mason jars for an easy DIY rustic favor.
20. If you and your honey are a perfect match – here’s a twist on traditional matchbook favors – put wooden matches in a mason jar and glue to the top of the lid sandpaper or the cover of a matchbox so there is someplace for your guests to strike to light a match.
21. Send your fall or winter guests home with their very own mulling spices which are used to flavor hot apple cider, mulled wine, spiced beer or wassail. Spices usually consist of cinnamon, cloves, allspice, and nutmeg; and less frequently star anise, peppercorn or cardamon. It also usually includes dried fruit (such as raisins, apples or orange rind). You can also buy mulling spices prepackaged.
22. Homemade pickles are a unique favor. You can make these ahead of time using your own pickling recipe and fresh cucumbers – add a little burlap, bakers twine and a kraft tag stamped with your logo and voilà! favors!
23. Make your own candles. Using painters tape, you can create your own stencil. Simply paint (spray paint works the quickest and best!) chalkboard paint on them, let dry and remove the tape. Instant rustic decor or favors.
24. Homemade granola is quick, easy and a healthy snack. Follow the source link for the recipe.
25. Doughnut or donut holes are the perfect snack to pop at the end of the night. You can buy them premade or follow the source link above to find the recipe for the superfood chocolate bliss balls found in the photo.
26. Bath bombs in mason jars – could be the perfect gift for your bridal shower guests or as a little extra pampering to your bridal party girls.
27. A sewing kit in a jar is a unique gift – especially if you are “sew perfect together”. Also cool to give to your out of town guests in their welcome baskets. Or carry one in your emergency wedding day kit for day of wedding repairs.
28. If you’re crafty you can make your very own scented soy candles and use mason jars as holders for them.
29. If you’re having a farm to table wedding like the couple above did, they used mason jars to hold individual servings of olives. What a unique idea!
30. Finally, if you’re still not sure what to fill your DIY mason jars with for favors, why not just give the mason jar itself as a favor? Do what these couples did and have them use their jar as their glass for your wedding – and they can take them home!
Are you using mason jars for your wedding? What will you be filling them with?
Don’t forget to follow our Mason Jar Pinterest Board which has over 80+ unique ideas (and growing) for your wedding favors and decorations.